יום חמישי, 30 בדצמבר 2010

Easterm winds. Flat Sea





Sdot Yam, Israel. December 2010
When I left Masai Mara after years of driving around the biggest Savana plains of Africa, I missed exactly that. The feeling of being in an open place where you can drive hours without meeting anyone, the feeling that the sky and the land below them are endless. One almost wishes to go and look for the end of the world.
Israel has its deserts and as small as they might be, they can give you this feeling, but I found that the sea replaces much of that need in my life and that Kayaking is almost like taking the jeep for a drive in the sea of grass. Israel does have a problem to stand in line with Masai Mara when it comes to wildlife, but it has its spots and its moments. Again, much of it I found in the sea.
Yesterday morning, I went with my Kayaking club mates for a safari. On the rocks, just where we entered the sea there were the most Cormorants I had ever seen together. Using the skills I learned from the Leopard in Serengeti  J (4 posts ago), we stalked these birds. We gently came eastern to their rock and the wind did the rest. Within no time a huge cloud of birds was up in the air.
How did that woman say it? Happiness is when you are being nostalgic about the present…watching that cloud of birds was pure joy and a great moment of happiness. I am not sure that the fish farmers growing fish in pools along the coast felt the same about that massive cloud as it approached their pools...


5 תגובות:

  1. תשובות
    1. Sorry Pere for slaking on my answers, and this one is a very old one. Maybe I thought it was an unfinished remark…  but I love seeing that people from all over are reading my blog. Hopping you are still visiting it.

      מחק
  2. Hey! I would like to remark the fact that you truly have made a cool blog. And there is one thing that I wanted to ask you. Did you run in any kind of competitions that involve bloggers?

    השבמחק
    תשובות
    1. תגובה זו הוסרה על ידי המחבר.

      מחק
    2. Thank you!

      Always nice to read pleasant remarks :-)

      I started this blog after years of traveling, guiding and photographing and too many complains of friends, world wide, that they don't get to see photos and hear stories. It's been running for a while now so I do see readers out of the circle of friends and it's great. But I wasn't awair of any competition for blogs or bloggers. I just enjoy visiting once in a while, reading remarks and write...The English one is a bit less active then the Hebrew one but I should pay a little more attention to it. Thank you, I hope you go on visiting it.

      מחק