יום רביעי, 8 בדצמבר 2010

Just the Right Click


Masai Mara, Kenya. December 2001
Some moments would have passed me unnoticed unless captured well enough. Such was a split of a moment in this Lions honeymoon.
Living in Masai Mara, Kenya and guiding night safaris (using night vision equipment) meant that I was following 3 different prides of Lions in the area of the lodge, and tried to know where they are at least every afternoon. Lions tend to leave their group when they are ready to mate (that is…when she is…) and mainly do what they had left for, for several days. They say they need above 100 sessions before she can conceive and that they mate every 45 minutes. All of course depends on the Lion, the season, availability of food and so- their strength. One thing is sure, they don't move much during their Honeymoon unless really disturbed so, when there are honeymooners around, tourists and photographers tend to stick around.
In one grey morning, driving back into camp, there seemed to be a new couple up the road but the area was so wet that I had stayed on a distance. I put my camera on standby and gave it a shot. Latterly, that was all I did. I had very little light and not the right equipment and I don't think I had stayed there more than 15 minutes. It was pre digital cameras so watching the results meant; waiting for a drive to Nairobi- that use to happen about once in 2-3 month, sending them to the lab and then framing and sorting out quite a lot. I think I have managed to look at this slide about a month after it was taken and it caught me by surprise. It was a moment I didn’t even remember that was there, not as excited as it appeared in the slide anyway. A moment that remained with me only thanks to a lazy click at the right time.

2 תגובות:

  1. תמונה מדהימה!
    וגם- כנראה לא תמיד ה"יגעת ומצאת - תאמין"! מה שתומך בזכות האמונה... תמיד תאמין!!!!!

    השבמחק
  2. הי זו אני בתגובה הקודמת!

    השבמחק