יום רביעי, 8 בדצמבר 2010

??? Excuse Me. Do I Know You


Biograd, Montenegro. September 2004  
I had started to work in Montenegro about 6 years ago but it took me a long time to get to know it. In the first 3 years I had taken 3 tours a year at the most, normally in the end of the season. Hence, I didn't get too involved with the place the people or my work there as a guide. The point where it had all changed was a funny moment.
During my first tour in this photogenic country, we were driving up on Biograd's most beautiful road and came across an old lady. Her eyes looked as if she was smiling with them, her lips were stained by the Blueberries she had picked and eaten and she had no problem to have her photo taken.  I loved this photo taken of the two of us and it had a place of honor on my fridge door at home.
Since then, I had driven this road every tour I had guided in Montenegro and saw the old women herding the sheep and picking Blueberries, walking easily at high altitude in serious slopes as if they were teenagers. About 4 years after my first tour, I was looking at one of the women and thought she was familiar. She had long white hair, loose, and something in her eyes made me remember.
When I greeted her one of my group members asked me whether I know her. Of course I do, I replied, this is the woman from my fridge…

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה