יום שבת, 25 בדצמבר 2010

Rising Before the Sun


Sahara, Morocco. October 2010
Early morning we got up to walk in the Sahara dunes. I normally tell the clients that I get up half an hour before the sun does and if they want they join me for a morning walk to see the sunrise and photograph the sand dunes. After the sun is up there is a very limited time in which the contrast of the dunes and the shade is great, then when the angle of the sun no longer gives that contrast there is nothing to look for with a camera. Sometimes the opening for great photography is over an hour; sometimes much less, all depends on how clear is the air.
That time it was going to be great but before the sun came up I had all the girls of the group walking on the face of the dune. The sand was cold and we were too early so we were walking and moving to try and get warmer. It reminded me of the days I would look for an angle to have a Giraffe standing between me and the sun to create a good silhouette, or a Lion for that matter. One of those typical photos that was always hard to get. Try and explain the Giraffe to stand still exactly when you need it to…
Well, the girls did very well. Already the morning hunt for a good photograph was successful.

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה