יום חמישי, 27 בינואר 2011

Crossings


September 2000. Masai Mara

It's like a flowing river and you never know when it starts or when it ends.

When living in Masai Mara, my camp was less than half an hour drive from one of the most used spots for crossing the Mara river by the big migration. During the "crossing season" I would spend most of my time by the river, waiting. It could happen when I expected it the least or after hours of anticipation, but it is always one of the most exciting phenomenon. A river of Wildbeasts and Zebras rushing down to the water. Clouds of dust, water spray from the river, and them calling each other. You can see and hear a crossing happening from a distance, and you can feel the excitement hanged above it.
This photo was taken in one of the most memorable crossing seasons, for me. During the 'big migration' , 2000. And that specific crossing was one of the bests I had ever seen and lasted for a long time.

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה