יום שישי, 19 בנובמבר 2010

It's all a Matter of Timing


Sahara, Morocco. March 2010
I have started to guide in Morocco early 2010. Guiding long days in this huge country, having to cover too many kilometers per day, made me work hard on the timings. Because sometimes it is all about timing. Sahara was one of these places were timing was crutal. You don’t want to get to camp too early because of the heat, and you don't want to miss the sunset. During the second trip I have guided we came to Naji's camp in Shegaga, the dunes section of the Sahara, right on time. We took our shoes off and climbed the highest dune above our camp just in time to see the sunset above the dunes and went down to camp. The evening was nice and cool, and I was sitting with my group chilling  out when one of Naji's handsome relatives started to prepare the candle holders for night fall. He was dressed up with the traditional Galaba and shash, and the light of the candle was gently showing his beautiful face. I have managed to click about 3 clicks before the moment was gone.
Never mind, I thought to myself, I will be here at least once a month in the next few months, and every evening one of Naji's handsome relatives will have to light the candles, and I shpuld be coming in with my groups ata bout that time.
But the opportunity was never there again. I was there every month, climbing down from one dune or another, and Naji's relatives were lighting the candles ever evening. Still, in a funny way, it was never there again. It is all a matter of timing after all...

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה