יום שבת, 27 בנובמבר 2010

Natural Born Model


Zanzibar. November 2001
I had lived in Kenya 5 years before I finally crossed the border to Tanzania. 10 years before that, when backpacking through Africa- East to South, Tanzania was still closed for Israelis so it was always the unknown part of East Africa for me.
Living in a Masai territory was quite frustrating experience photography wise.  The wildlife was fairly cooperative but the people…that was another matter altogether. Masai people don’t like to have their photos taken and one should respect that and forget about photography unless organized and prepaid for.
5 years in Masai territory have passed and there I was, walking through one of the small villages in Zanzibar's east coast. I had my camera on me but as a habit was not even thinking of using it, until I noticed that gorgeous kid trying to get my attention and posing for the camera. It was before we had the ability to show people their photos right away and she was not asking for anything. She just had a great time having her photograph taken, and so did I.

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה